Welcome to Lemhi County Airport
Fly Idaho – Lemhi County Airport is located 4 miles south of the City of Salmon Idaho in eastern Central Idaho. This class B, general aviation airport features a 5,510 x 75′ paved airstrip at an elevation of 4,044 feet. Lemhi County Airport services include: parking tie downs, a courtesy car available on a first come first serve basis, and fuel. Click here for a complete listing of Airport Services available.
Special Airport Board Meeting – December 14, 2017 HAS BEEN CANCELLED – Will repost when the meeting is rescheduled
The Lemhi County Airport and Lemhi County, Idaho hereby announces its fiscal years 2018 through 2020 goal of 5.2% for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) assisted airport construction Contracts.
Recreational Flying in Idaho – The Upper Salmon River country offers many great reasons to visit Salmon Idaho. Brimming with outdoor recreational opportunities to be experienced on your own, or connect with local hunting, fishing, or whitewater rafting outfitters or FBO charters services to enhance your outdoor adventures even further. We welcome FLY-INs to Lemhi County Airport and encourage you to stay awhile to enjoy our community of friendly people, beautiful surroundings, many area attractions, ghost towns, exceptional lodging, dining, shopping and even rejuvenating at a local spa or hot springs.
- Access to adventurous Idaho backcountry flying including:
- Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, the largest wilderness area in the contiguous United States
- Mount Borah, Idaho’s tallest peak
- Stanley Basin and the Sawtooth National Recreation Area
- Main Salmon River and Middle Fork of the Salmon River
- Backcountry adventures near Salmon Idaho area include:
- Backpacking, steelhead fishing, hiking, hunting, kayaking, skiing, whitewater rafting, and other backcountry activities.